Class Development Exercise: Listen, Meditate, Create

 Idea development is an essential step for artist to create a unique work that is not cliche and out-of-trend. This is one of the reason why Pablo Picasso became famous during his life time and is still famous; Picasso took as many opportunities he could to create works in different mediums and style. Therefore, to better contextualise our theme and sketches, we were told on three different methods on how to develop ideas. Of the three methods, I decided to choose the Listen, Meditate, Create method as it is a process I often use, albeit not with music but with random videos. 

 However, I had missed the majority of the sketching session due to medical reasons. I was able to make some sketches using the remaining time and the playlist used during class, but I feel like I could do better than this. One thing I do have to make note of is to try avoid cliches, which is especially critical with my topic of Earthly Delights. I would take opportunity to do more sketches with further research to avoid this issue and to define the sketches I have.

Sketches made from the idea development

 I am not satisfied with the sketches I have made; not only have they been made in a hurry, but they feel somewhat cliche and need more research on this topic. However, in this sketch session, I have decided to work with enamel pin, stickers and logo design as they can easily be found among products and people, making it more accessible and viewable in daily situations. I also wanted to relate this theme to the Buddhist idea of ‘reincarnation’, where what we do eventually comes back to us. For this topic, I would make a follow up post with background research and create more sketches with base colours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström