Art Portfolio 1: Welcome Post

 Welcome to my blog for Art Portfolio 2023. My name is Yoonji Lee, more commonly called as Jenny, from IYZ Art and Design with progression route towards Graphic Design (Illustration). 

 With this module, I wish to create a better formulated and more professional-looking illustrations which can help the viewers understand my theme and message better. I also want to use colours and compositions fluently and effectively to give mor impact. To do this, I hope that I will be able to use different types of art programs efficiently and with better analysis skills for other artworks and target market.

 One event that I have been inspired by recently was my trip to London and Nottingham with my mother and my friend. I have not properly looked at London when I first arrived in the UK due to how hectic it was, so we were quite confused and lost as to where to go. However, I was able to experience how it is to move around London and I saw a great cathedral (Westminster Cathedral) which contained several grand and inspiring imagery. Nottingham, on the other hand, had more of a cozy traditional feeling, with the Nottingham Winter Market having a carnival-like setup where we can experience different types of food and cultural objects such as pottery, knits, and more. Culture has been an important factor in several artworks, and I wish to bring some of culture from my own background to my works. 

Photo taken by me in Westminster Cathedral

 In my experience during the break, I have noticed that exploring cultures work better in proportion to how interactive they are; while cathedrals are historical and inspiring, they may not be as touching or influential as a person going out to interact and sense with the people and objects. For this, I would like to create an interactive cultural ‘series’, such as interactive digital posters, websites, and merchandise which can help the viewer feel more connection to the work.


Comments

  1. Good, although I would have liked to have heard more about how you might use your own culture in your work and how you think that might interact with what you saw over the break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström