Logo Digitalisation and Finalisation

Digitalisation with Adobe Illustrator

 Based on the sketches made previously, I have selected few among those and started creating digitalising the logos. During its creation, I still kept in mind on creating a circular shape to suit Buddhist-style logos.

 I first began creating with Adobe Illustrator as it was able to create vector lines, however an important function that I needed in the creation of these logos were missing. I needed the mirroring tool in the application to create an even drawing, but the mirroring tool in Illustrator, at least on the iPad, was very limited. The eraser tool also did not work when using this tool, so I had to create it in another application.



Process with Procreate

 After I changed my program to Procreate, I was able to create the logos in the style I wanted. Although I was not able to create a vector image, I lessened the pixelation of the image using a larger canvas of 4000 by 4000 pixels. By doing this, the image would not decrease in quality when showing in large size and can simply be made small as necessary.

Logo Design Sheet

Selected design

 I have chosen this design among the others I have made because it looked to be best balanced in design and theme of Buddhism and nature. The other logos, while minimalistic and still functional in design, was not as visually appealing to me. Additionally, the other versions of the logos I have made in this style no longer felt as ‘Buddhist-like’ to me due to the cross-shape motifs placed in the centre.


Colour Palette Testing

 I have applied the different colour palettes made previously to see how it will work out in slightly manipulated tones and shades. Then, with the sheet I have created above, I did a survey on the class and tutors to see which was favourable to the viewers. Among them, the upper-left logo was the most favourable so I further manipulated the colour of the logo by taking in comments on which parts can be made better.


Final Processed Logo


Comments

  1. Really like this design and think this demonstrates a spiritual side to your project idea and not a religious one as may have been the case in some of your other final designs. Some of your logo designs are so good, it is a shame you can't use them in this project (maybe carry some ideas or elements over into future projects either here or on Undergraduate), particularly the 'unravelling planet'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström