Fluid Art Process

  With the research and experiment done, I began the creation of my fluid art illustrations using the primed canvas boards and acrylic mixture. I used a mix of acrylic paint, soap and glue or hand sanitiser depending on the need. Hand sanitise, due to the alcohol component, thins down the medium for easier pouring, however breaks down the acrylic pigment from soap if mixed in too early. Glue on the other hand gives the mixture a more thicker texture, which ‘pushes’ the other pigment clearly instead of mixing with it. Before I began pouring the mixture, I made faint markings to identify where the focus points may be and painted a base colour.




Process of creating the patterns and final touches

 After they have been thoroughly dried, which took between 3 to 5 days depending on how many layers were poured, I added some extra patterns to create markings. Although the final results create marks that had a different look to proper fluid art works, meaning that it had a more grungy and clumpy look, I felt like this accidental textures better suited the theme as I was going for a negative look.

 Below are the finished illustrations.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström