Art Portfolio 2: Tutorial and Sign Off

  To start the project, I have had my tutorial to further discuss on what I will be doing in this term. My tutor and I have discussed the contents of my project with the SMART Objective post I have uploaded, which now has minor revisions in phrasing to make my project more clear, and discussed some techniques and materials that I could use in my project. 



  As this project will be working around children’s books and toys, it would be important to adjust my art styles to suit a child’s mind. Children tend to have shorter attention span and have to avoid intense stimuli (too bright colours, intense patterns, flashing and such) so a major factor to consider in this project is to create a straightforward and tame work. To do this, I will be researching into illustrators who have worked on children’s books and toy designs, followed by experimentation on which materials will be suitable in context of this project (Korean culture).

Comments

  1. Good to see this on here - your follow up posts could also be on the experimentations you are doing with the materials you are considering. There will be further opportunities in the skills week in Week 5.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström