Art Portfolio 2: Welcome Post

  Welcome back to this blog for Art Portfolio 2 form Term 3 2023, with the progression route towards Graphic Design (Illustration). In this term module, we will be focusing on a more 3D-based projects in contrast to last term. 

 In this term, I would like to achieve a better formed schedule (time management), which will naturally help me create better researches and results, and to create works that may better suit the professional standards. One major problem I had struggled with in Art Portfolio 1 was my lack of time management; while I was able to finish all my researches and works, I could not help but feel pressured and rushed as I reached the submission date. I also noted that some of my final work, especially my mockups, lacked in quality compared to other outputs so I would have to take extra care to keep the quality consistent to create satisfactory work. One major difference that I would like to make compared to the last term is to show more experimentation with different materials and property, which will be possible if I am more organised with my time, as this term is focused on 3D materials meaning there are several materials I may be able to use.

  As I have yet to decide on what or how I am going to work with in my final submission, I am unclear as to what skills I may need for this term. This is especially difficult for me, as my progression route is more focused on 2D outcomes. However, one general skill that I may need is the ability to see and translate 2D object onto a 3D plane. By being able to practice this skill, and vice versa for 2D projects, I may be able to better relate my progression route to this term's project.

 In relation to this term, I have visited the Victoria and Albert (V&A) Museum located in London. They carried several different historical objects from different time periods and countries, from European countries to Asian countries, and was able to see how the use of cultural influences of the period had affected the work. I had also seen different types of materials that has been used for different artworks, specifically furnitures, and see how different properties of the material and current influences (such as environmental movements) affect it. While it may not necessarily be closely related to my progression route, I believe this experience had opened my eyes to receive influence from different cultures, history and others. I believe I had mentioned that I wanted integrate cultural elements to my work in my last term's Welcome Post, and I believe that this was not very clear in my final project, so I do hope that this experience is able to help me create more influenced works.


Photo of a 3D work in V&A Museum, taken by myself.



Comments

  1. Good clear first post, building on the progress you made last term is important, you produced a really effective project. Adapting some of those ideas to a 3D element is the challenge this term, perhaps thinking in terms of promotional items to support your project idea is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström