Planning Primary and Secondary Research: Researching pt. 2

 For today’s lecture, we have visited the Castle Gardens to sketch as a part of our primary research. While it may not directly have a major impact on my work, I observed the patterns and colours of nature as the setting for my children’s story both revolve around the oceanic setting and the forest setting. 


Collage of the photos take during the trip

 In these photos I have been focusing on the patterns of the objects nearby including the shapes of the leaves, trees and the bricks used in the buildings. I also looked at how there were complimentary colours on the plants, and how similar colours were present in nature. During my sketches I have realised that I could possibly use this shapes in the oceanic setting as well, in a way that corals can replace the shapes of trees and bushes. Otherwise I had attempted simplification on the animals to show the overall composition and texture of the animal while not making it complicated. 


Sketches from the trip


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Portfolio 1: Sign Off and Major Project Plan

End Term 1: Reflection Post

Further Artist Research: Fluid Art and Emma Lindström